Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trouble Changing Email for GW

Posted by not2bright (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 8:30

I've tried all my browsers (FF, IE9, Opera, Comodo Dragon [Chrome]), but cannot change my email address in my GW profile. I get some page with some sort of code. But no particular updating error message and the email address is not changed.

Does anyone else have this issue with profile -- or specifically email address -- updates ?

(As a side note, another issue is that every time I 'previewed' this post, I had to re-upload the image. It wouldn't 'stick.' But that's for another day, I guess.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trouble Changing Email for GW

At one time, one had to log in from the main GW page in order for one to be able to update their profile.

First I'd log out and then try logging in from Main Page and then try to update your email.

Also I found this from some time ago over on The Suggestion Forum.

For member profile page issues:
Are you missing profile information? Have you checked to make sure that all fields are complete? If you are posting to any of the exchanges, you must have a valid zip code, state and country listed, otherwise it will not allow you to post. If you receive an error message, please cut and paste the entire message into your email. If you are trying to change your email address and it will not allow you to do so, make sure you include both your old and new email address in your email and your membername.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Mailing Garden Web

o

Thanks, Sue.

I went to my profile page and filled in some missing info (like 'state'), but that didn't do the trick. Then I changed my password. At first it wouldn't accept my password changes and wasn't sure why (see next paragraph). I got the same weird page as above. So, I changed it to "abcd." That it accepted !! Then I changed my email address and it accepted it ! Success !

Then, of course, I changed my password again. ;-)

Btw, it turns out that LastPass was auto-filling with a 16-character password which also had special characters -- a password which I had been successfully using with GW for months. Strange, since the profile page says passwords can only be 12 characters max. and no special characters (except "_").

In any case, it's all straightened out now. Thanks !

o

Great!

What I have noticed is that if I look at the URL of a member's page, if there is no backslash sign in front of the member's name at the end, then they will experience problems updating.

Before you got the problem corrected, there was no backslash in front of your member name in Your member page URL but there is one now. See what I mean?

o

Ah, yes. Thanks ! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here