SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thirdfrt

Is there anyway to stop this?

thirdfrt
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I was on my desktop the other night (Windows XP) when I ran CCleaner and was I ever surprised to see McAfee listed there. I don't have McAfee and never have had it. I've always used Norton. I have noticed that if something is down loaded that you must make sure that there isn't something checked that you don't want. I've noticed at times McAfee being checked and I would remove the check mark. But some how this one got past me. I don't know how it got on my computer. I did have a Java update and I updated it, but never noticed anything about McAfee being there. Is there any way to stop those type of programs from doing this kind of thing? I also have Revo Uninstaller Plus and I checked in there after I deleted it from CCleaner and it doesn't show that it's there on my desktop. It is not in add/remove programs either so hopefully it is gone.

If there is any way to stop this kind of thing I would appreciate knowing how to do that. I am going to be extra careful for now on to keep an eye out for those things that are added along with the updates etc. I'm so happy to have CCleaner on my computers.

Thank you so much for any information that you might know of.

thirdfrt!!!

Comments (14)