SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkspigs

Facebook Problem

pkspigs
9 years ago

I have a facebook page. I have never had any problem with it until now. My son uses it, but goes through his email and password. Today, when I go to Facebook, it says Page not available. Nothing can be done about getting into a trouble shooting page or contacting them, etc. What can I do. Seems I am locked out for a reason that I cannot understand. There is NO where to contact them, etc. Can anyone help me? Thanking you in advance, PK

Comments (13)

• PRO
    kbarb - San Francisco - Z10a
    9 years ago

How are you trying to get to your Facebook page ?
    You go to facebook.com and login with your email/phone number and password ?
    Are you and your son using the same facebook acct ?

In general, can you be a little more specific for both your son and for you ?
    Then maybe we can figure something out.

• pkspigs
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We go to: www.facebook.com and when we click it, has always come up. We enter Facebook with our e-mail address and password. Now when we go to facebook.com, it says "This page cannot be displayed". I don't have a clue what is wrong, but I cannot access the help, troubleshooting, or advice for facebook either, says the same thing no matter what I type in regarding facebook.

• PRO
    9 years ago

I still don't quite understand . . .

You say you go to facebook.com and click it.
    Click what ?

Also, are you sharing a facebook account with your son, or you each have separate ones.

3rd, can you try it on a different computer and see if you get the same problem ?

Please be as specific as possible because as is obvious - I can't see what you're doing.

Thanks,

Kent

• pkspigs
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We have different accounts on facebook. I have facebook bookmarked. I enter facebook,b y going to the bookmark and entering my e-mail and password. I can then access my facebook page. NOT anymore. It only says this page cannot be displayed. I have not tried on a different computer as of yet. I can still get to my facebook page on an I-pad. I am sure you can tell I am not computer literate per se and this is the best I can do to tell you what is going on. Facebook is bookmarked along with my other favorites and is NOT available as of now.

• maybee_gw
    9 years ago

When I get that message it is because my internet provider is down...I'm not online. Once in a while I get it when Google Chrome is having problems. I put the Facebook icon on my desktop and have it set to log in automatically, unless I empty my cache and then I still access it from the desktop icon and then have to enter my password and e-mail. But...as I say, when I get that message, I'm not on the internet. Can you go to other sites on the internet?

• maybee_gw
    9 years ago

I was getting that message quite often here a while back and found that the firmware on my router needed to be updated...

• acraftylady
    9 years ago

Instead of using the bookmarked page have you tried typing facebook.com in the browser bar? Does it do this with any browser you try? Mary

• pkspigs
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My internet provid. is NOT down, I have typed facebook.com in browser bar and NOTHING, says page cannot be whatever. I do not know what firmware is, please explain. I have tried on another browser and NOTHING... thank you. pk.

• zep516
    9 years ago

Turn the router / modem off, un-plug it, then replug it in and wait for it to reboot. Try connecting.

Then

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

This is a safe download and runs from the desktop.

Download TFC by OldTimer From here click Here
    to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programswhen run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
    * Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
    * Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Try connecting again.

• PRO
    9 years ago

Ok, so now you have a whole army of people trying to help out.
    ;-)
    It's ok if you're not that swift on computers - there's a first time for everything, and no one can be an expert in everything.

acraftylady had the right idea - to type in "facebook.com" in the browser bar - known as the location bar - up at the top.
    Bookmarks can sometimes get out of date and have the wrong computer address.
    But you tried that and it made no difference.

I'm going to go over some things then give you my next suggestion.

Firmware is the software built in to a chip on the router.
    It's the instructions that make the router do its thing.
    It's doubtful that issue would interfere with one website and one alone.
    If you can reach Facebook on your iPad - using the same router - then the router is not the problem.
    You are using the same router, right ?

You could try rebooting the router though - just unplug it, wait 15 secs, and plug it back in.

Cleaning out temp files :
    The download that zep516 recommended will do this, but I doubt that will solve the problem. It's harmless to try it though.

What you have is prob. a networking related problem.
    Try this :
    Instead of typing in facebook.com in the browser's location bar, type in or copy & paste in this set of four numbers - with the periods (dots) in between :

(and no http or www - just the numbers with the dots in between)

then hit Enter.

That is the actual computer address of facebook.
    1. Does that work ?

The other questions :

2. What browser are you using ?
    3. Can you access other websites, just not Facebook ?
    3. With your iPad (which is another computer), are you going through the same router ?
    4. How are the pigs working out.

This post was edited by kbarb on Wed, Oct 15, 14 at 22:11

• pkspigs
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't remember what fixed it, but I did not have to try the above. I think that I went to HP help and went from there, The pigs are working out fine. Oh does anyone know anything about IYOGGI??????????

• cat_ky
    9 years ago

IYOGGI is based in India. It is a company that accesses your computer by remote. It is also a good place to stay away from. Go to google and type it into the search bar, and read about it. Good Luck

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    9 years ago

I had a similar problem with several sites recently. My techie SIL suggested I change browsers. I did and it worked.

Linda

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm