Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hardware wizard

Posted by mystic_2008 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 3:09

Every time I open up my computer, windows xp, this hardware wizard comes up. I would like to delete it, but I cant seem to make it go away. I have gone into control panel, but it is not on there. Any suggestions how I can get rid of it?????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hardware wizard

Is there no written message suggesting what might need attention?

click Start
click Control panel
click System

Now look for the device manager, click on it and see if you have any yellow exclamation marks indicating an issue

o

Hi owbist. I went into the start, control panel, system but there is nothing there at all. It doesn't bother me except that it comes on the computer every time I start up. I even went into the help line, but could not find anything to delete it. Will keep trying. Thank you for your advice.

o

You just can't delete the message. You need to fix the issue. It sounds like windows found new hardware and is trying to install a driver, happens with printers sometimes. Did you install something or did this message just start out of the blue?

Here's a link it may have nothing to do with your issue. Worth a look maybe.

Here is a link that might be useful: answers.microsoft

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here