Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yahoo games Windows 8

Posted by michael_so_fl (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 0:06

I cannot access any yahoo games with my new computer windows 8. I installed java, popup blocker is not enabled,
cookies are set at lowest. what am I missing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yahoo games Windows 8

Hi michael_so_fl,

Are you in Desktop mode ?? Java will only work in Desktop mode in Windows 8 not in Start screen.

Microsoft Windows 8 does not support plug-ins in the Start screen and therefore Java will not run in the Start screen. You will have to switch to the Desktop screen to run Java.

Joe

o

Joe, This is all new to me, could you be more specific. This windows 8 is baffling to me, I'm upset at losing outlook express also. My computer shows I loaded the latest Java updates, thanks for your help. Mike

o

I can't be more specific. I don't use Windows 8. My information came from a search,

My next search in Google would be Using java games win 8

I'm sure others will be along who may have experience.

o

Are Yahoo games run from your browser? If so, which one are you using? Internet Explorer 11 gives me a 'server hangup' error when I clicked on a couple of free yahoo games. I'm on Windows 8.1. Can you provide a link to the games?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here