Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with a problem

Posted by daylilydayzed (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 23:50

When ever I am on line reading email, or a forum I get the spinning circle and everything goes a little white, like whitewash over color, can't scroll up or down , can't close out a window or anything I just have to wait it out, it just happened after I wrote the word out. What is causing it? It only happens when Sea Monkey is open, Doesn't happen with IE or Firefox.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with a problem

Are you using the latest version of SeaMonkey? If no, then update it. If yes, do you have any add-ons installed with it? If yes, you could try uninstalling them to see if the situation improves. One of them might be causing a conflict. Another option would be to uninstall SM and then install it again. Nothing like a clean slate to get a fresh perspective.

o

Yes I am using the latest version of SEA Monkey. It started after updating to the new version.This morning I got the spinning circle just after opening Sea Monkey. Didn't get to go up to the tool bar to open up the email portion before it started spinning.

o

You might have to move backwards until SeaMonkey address it if it's there issue.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Old versions of seamonkey

o

Hi Zep,
I did un-install the latest version , installed the 2.1 version I had in my Downloads folder. Then I got an email from File Hippo that a newer version of Sea Monkey so I downloaded it from File Hippo and installed it. So Far I haven't had the spinning Circle issue yet.

o

I still have the spinning circle problem . I am beginning to think it is a Windows problem. I don't even have to start surfing the web before it happens, just opening up Sea Monkey I got the spinning circle.

o

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer From here click Here
to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programswhen run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

o

Zep516,
I downloaded TFC and ran it after I had closed all programs . It cleared about 856MB of temp files . Then it said it needed to reboot computer so I allowed it to reboot. But after it was back , I opened up Sea Monkey and went to the knitting forum I go to and got the spinning circle again. I do not know what is causing it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here