SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxyplx

FunMoods and Finding Missing Drivers and 2 Computers

mxyplx
11 years ago

I typed 'fun' inna everything.exe on Computer #1 WXP Pro and to my surprise found this which I had to type as it wouldn't copy:

FunmoodsLatest.exe C:\Docs&Set\Me\LocalSets\temp\is357113909

Also a bunch (30) of MS Works files starting typically funxxx.wws C:\programFiles\MSWorks\1033\Wizards or 1033\Tasks (I think these are valid MSworks templates).

I googled >is357113909Using the View > Choose Details option and choosing Date Created I got 5-29-12 for the FunMoods file and that matches the Date Created with Nitrite uTorrent Installer which I used to download a linux distro iso file- don't remember which. So I think that's where it came from.

I don't find evidence Funmoods was installed but don't know what to look for either.

========================

But wait! There's more! :-) and not too simple either;

On Computer #2 also sporting WXP Pro. Skipping the why's and whatfor's I installed the XP-Pro a couple months ago, updated it, installed MSE and didn't look at it again till couple days ago as I use #2 with Linux live CD. I decided to set the XP settings (power and appearance) and had to find 3 drivers of which I found one for the mobo. The other 2 devices show in the pic and working on the 1st, the Audio Device, I googled its' ID which I found by running the siw program and it is; HDAUDIO\FUNC_01ven_10ECDEV_0862SUBSYS_1565C601REV_1000

and got this site (among others) www.greataudioconverter.com and downloaded AudioConverterSetup.exe and scun it with MSE - no problem it said. The run window indicated it was a product of "Clic run Software".

Well I had to do something even if it was rong so started in to run this file and chose custom to ward off the tool bars. As I recall there were 3 which I declined and clickt next and damn all there were 2 more toolbars! One of em was FUNMOODS. Not only did I decline that generous gift I canceled the install. So.....

1. That's one way to get FunMoods on your computer.

2. Can I merely delete the funmood file from comp #1?

3. Where is a safe site or how can I find one for drivers for the 2 devices on comp #2 shown in the pic? and/or did I download a valid/correct program for my needs? Somehow I doubt that.

Comments (8)