Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with Yahoo mail

Posted by loralee (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 23:32

I am trying to help a friend with Yahoo mail.
She couldn't remember her password for this site so I am writing you.

She has Yahoo mail, just recently signed up for it.

She has Windows 7
When you go to send a large file you click on You Send it, ( I use it all the time)
up pops a page that says to select your file. when you select the file and click on the file and the name is placed in the box. To the right of this are two options to open or cancel. When she clicks open it opens all the inidividual files that she is trying to send as one file folder. There fore it will not upload them.

With my Windows XP my choices are Save or cancel. I click save and the file is uploaded in yahoo.

What does she need to do to be able to upload to You Send it?

Is there a site for Yahoo where she could ask questions if you can't help?

Thanks Lora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with Yahoo mail

She needs to go to her online email mail.yahoo.com
Then click on Compose, to start a new email.
Address it to somebody@somemail.com
Put in a subject line; Attachments, dont luuze

Then Click on the 'Attach Files' button below and left of the subject line. Black Button in mine.

Select the file files she wants to upload.. not a folder.
Wait a while if she has a slow connection, for those large files to upload.

o

I am not sure, but there may also be a size restriction on how big a file you can send

o

Thanks I will send her these messages.

o

It sounds like you are using the website you send it to send large files? If so zip the folder first with all the files then you send it will send the whole folder. That is how I always have to do it from that site. Mary

o

Ok just checking it is this site you are using to send large files? I have used it and it doesn't upload right to yahoo for me but I guess I just use the free version and the person gets a link in their email on where to download the file. Mary

www.yousendit.com

o

I don't really use my Yahoo mail. Nor do I use "Yousendit" however...

When I go to this yousendit page: https://www.yousendit.com/yahoo-mail-application and click "Start Now" I am presented with this dialog:

Maybe that would be a simpler way for you to get it working?

o

Ok I did not know about that. I tried it but it wants me to log in with my yahoo address and I have a different address registered with that site as I just send any large files right from the site. It's still the same if you use the email feature, you need to zip the whole folder first then navigate to the zipped folder and attach unless you want to click on each file one by one to attach. It's always been like that with that site as far as I know. To me it's no different sending from the site or sending from yahoo. Frankly I can't stand yahoo mail or online mail for that matter and use a mail program then yousend it separate if I need to send a large file. Mary

o

Thanks for your help, I have sent these replys off to my friend. Hopefully, one of these suggestions or sites will work for her.

o

What ever you do make sure to zip the folder so you can send them all at once that way. Mary

o

Dont really need to zip them when attaching to a yahoo email. Yahoo mail will do it and offer the download as a package or individual, and they also can look at individual docs or pics or whatever too right from the online yahoo mail page.

o

Oops I forgot about that. Must work the same then sending with yahoo and you send it. I don't use yahoo much. I find it just as easy to go right to you send it and do it. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here