Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pandigital Reader storage

Posted by grandms (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 22:09

I recently got two new books from B & N; one I purchased, and the other was their Friday freebie. I did the purchase via my computer and both show in my library. However, when I tried to download the actual books on the PDN, one downloaded just fine. When I tried to download the other, I got this message: "Cannot download this book. Disk Storage Full Error. You need 2MB space to download this title. Your free storage space is not enough."

However, my PDN shows over 164 MB free. In addition I have the SD card that has 1.7GB free. How do I get this book to download?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pandigital Reader storage

I sent a message to Pandigital support. Hope they can help me. This was a Friday Freebie from Barnes and Noble and was an Oprah Book Club selection, so I am most anxious to read it. I have downloaded the Nook for PC and can read it there, but would be much more comfortable reading it on my PDN. If anyone can help, I would appreciate very much.

BTW, where is Raven this week? Hope she is okay.

o

Warning this is not my area of expertise!

"If the Pandigital Novel is turned on with an external SD card inserted, the device will not recognize the internal memory. To use both cards simultaneously, insert the SD card after the Novel is fully turned on."

Read more: How to Upload Books to Pandigital Novel : eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8459361_upload-books-pandigital-novel.html#ixzz1ZBLyQyB3

o

Unfortunately, this is not the problem. I made sure the PDN was fully powered down and took out the SD card. Then I powered up, turned on the wi-fi and attempted to download this book. I still got the same message. Then I inserted the SD card and tried again. Same story. Both the books that I got on Friday show in the library, but one just will not download to my book shelf. Thanks for the link, however, as I'm sure it will come in handy. I'll go there and see if I can find any more helpful hints.

o

Can you copy it from your PC to the memory card?

o

Hi grandms, sorry I was not here sooner but I was in the hospital being sick as a dog. I however have survived and think I will make it LOL. I do hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon!

I have never had that happen I think you may have to try calling pandigital support, I have always had very good luck when I call them.
I was also going to suggest downloading it from the pc to your sd card if you can not do it directly. Was it the free one that is the problem or the one you paid for? Not sure that should matter at all though.
Mine have always just moved over as soon as I checked the ones to download to the PDN bam they were on there.

I do all of my books by way of the pc to SD card these days so that they are all on the sd card and I can move them between my various devices.

Thanks for thinking of me!

o

Really sorry to hear that you have been sick. Take care of yourself because we really miss you, and being sick sure isn't any fun!

Yes, it was the free book, but I've never had that make a difference before. I am going to call them. I tried yesterday and was on hold for quite a while and finally just had to hang up, so I will call back again.

I had thought about just downloading from the pc to the sd card, but I'll still see if I can find out what is causing this by calling Support. Like you, mine have always just moved right onto the PDN. But I think I will just put them all on the sd card from now on.

By the way, I also have the Nook app on my smartphone, so I can read my books there as well. And, yes, I have the Kindle app, too.

o

Raven, sorry to hear you have been ill. Welcome back to the forum and to good/better health.

o

oh thank you! I am glad to be feeling a little better today!

o

Glad you're better RC. Good to have you back, You have been missed!! Mare

o
RE: Pandigital Reader storage-followup

Just wanted to let you know that I still haven't talked to anyone at Pandigital, but I did put the book in question on my SD card and was able to open it just fine. It is a book that was on Oprah's Book Club list, and I think I will enjoy it. Can't beat free! :-)

o

good for you for getting it downloaded.
What book was it? If it is still free I might want to go snatch it up too.
As much time as I am spending in bed right now I should get a lot of reading done.

o

I think it was still available today, but I'm not sure. It was "Gap Creek" by Robert Morgan. I downloaded 5 more free books today. I did buy the second book of the Outlander series, too. These should last me quite a while.

Wishing you good health.

o

well darn I guess I missed it now it shows a price of $7.16, however many of the reviews are bad for it so maybe I would not have liked it anyway, LOL

Thanks for the good health wishes, I apparently still need them this darn stuff just won't let go, it is giving me a good kick in the gut, or so it feels.

o

Hi, haven't been on for awhile but just wanted to say to Raven that I'm glad she is feeling better. I know she is missed when she isn't around!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here