Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
safely remove hardware

Posted by adichristi (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 11 at 21:54

Ravencajun, I have a question for you. I have my removable disk in and it won't let me safely remove it. The device generic volume cannot be stopped right now keeps coming up.
I have my pictures on there and don't want to lose them. I use Ulead Photo Explorer to view them, I have been deleting extra copys on there. I did go to Task Manager and clicked applications and two things were running in there. 1.)Safely remove hardware icon gone in XP C 2.)Ulead Photo Explorer 8.0 F:\ Running. If I stop them will I lose my pictures? Please, could you give me advice on this problem. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: safely remove hardware

Generic volume cannot be stopped right now" error when Removing a pen-drive.

Try below

Some file on your pen drive is in use by some other program on that computer. So close all such files or applications and try removing the drive.

Or

How To Remove USB Pen Drive with Unlocker

See link

http://www.troublefixers.com/problem-removing-pen-drivenot-able-to-remove-pen-drive/

o

When all else fails, shut down the computer and unplug the device, then start the computer with the device unplugged.

o

Thanks zep 516 and bpgreen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here