SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acraftylady

Router help

acraftylady
11 years ago

Windows 7 with road runner high speed and a motorolla surf board modem that is about 8yrs old. It's not wireless so it's hooked to a linksy blue box thing to make it wireless and it's passworded. I think I have something strange going on. Well normally when I click the connection icon I see no other connections from the neighborhood in there so only see mine that says linksys and I very seldom have had router or internet problems in all these years unless a bad storm knocks stuff out.

The last 2 months my connection dropped about 4 times and that's never happened before. All of a sudden the yellow triangle is over the connection icon in the task bar but all the router lights are on to show internet is working but pages won't load. So I shut down, unplug router and wait a minute and boot everything back up and yellow triangle is gone and pages load.

Now here is the strange part as I stated I see no other connections there excpet for mine usually except every time this has happend I see a connection that says FBI surveylance van then after I reboot and things are working that strange connection name goes away. I have seen that name listed in there all 4 times it's happened and all 4 times after I reboot and internet is working it goes away. I have no clue what to make of this. I take it that name is just what someone named their router? But why is it the only time I see that when my connection drops? I scan weekly with malewarebytes and hardly anything is ever found and my antivirus is scanned once a month and nothing there and I am having no other problems and internet is as fast as ever. Mary

Comments (16)