SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leigh75

iPod puzzler

Leigh75
10 years ago

I use Paint often to type descriptions of photos.
I just checked my Mail on my iPod and many of the descriptions I've typed have shown up in my All Mail
folder. I then checked the same email address on my laptop and there they were.

Can someone explain?

Win 7...IE...the email address in question is my iPod ID
and I have iTunes installed.
Using Wi Fi

Comments (9)

• zep516
    10 years ago

Hard to explain. You're working in one program "paint," and something shows up in E-Mail, actually makes no sense to me. Perhaps you're leaving something out we should know about.

• Leigh75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, I wrote that back a**ward.
    What I write in Paint goes to my Gmail account.
    Let's forget the iPod.

This post was edited by Leigh75 on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 15:55

• zep516
    10 years ago

OK.

But I still don't understand, but that's just "me." I don't use paint never have, I guess it's tied to E-Mail somehow. Not sure how to advise you, but I'll do some creative searching, like Paint goes to E-Mail I'll start with those key words and see what comes up. Maybe change the words around a bit too..

Joe

• Leigh75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good luck...I'm still googling as many combinations as I can come up with.

• Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
    10 years ago

I don't have an Ipod, and am far from and expert on anything but my guess it that at some point you are trying to copy an edited image, paste it into an email, and mail it to your Ipod's account?

If my guess is correct, it sounds to me like the trouble is in the "copy" stage. Instead of copying and mailing the image, you're copying and mailing the "descriptions"? Is that correct?

How are you copying the image? "Edit>Select All, Edit>Copy", or (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C)

How are you pasting the image? "Right-Click>Paste", "Edit>Paste", or (Ctrl-V)

Just an idea, maybe it's not what you want, but why not just save the edited image, perhaps with a new name, and attach that in the email?

Sorry if I misunderstand.

Edit, while writing this, I see you've clarified but I'll still post it just in case it somehow helps. :)

• acraftylady
    10 years ago

You don't even have to copy and paste to email. After you make the graphic in paint if you go to the little drop down arrow in the upper left and click it then click send email it will open your email program and attach the file as a PNG file then you just fill in the address and send.

I don't see how creating a graphic in paint is causing stuff to end up in yourl email unless you are doing that, sending it directly from paint. Explain more exactly what you are doing. Mary

• Leigh75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My ipod was turned off..the gmail in question. which is my ipod user ID, was not open.
    I opened a picture in paint..next to the picture I typed a description.
    Several days later I checked my mail on my ipod..in checking "all mail" I saw several descriptions listed.
    They were not shown as emails but just blocks of text.
    I then checked the same email on my laptop and found the same.

The pics were absent.

• acraftylady
    10 years ago

That is weird. I have written on pictures in paint and it has never showed up in my email but I don't use g-mail. Mary

• Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
    10 years ago

I have no idea either. Truthfully, I think I'd need more detail about what steps you're taking in between
    "I opened a picture in paint..next to the picture I typed a description."

and "Several days later I checked my mail on my ipod..in checking "all mail" I saw several descriptions listed."

to cause anything to be sent to gmail?

Also, something else that's confusing to me is "...next to the picture I typed a description."

Maybe it's my version of Paint, but I can click the "A"(Text) tool and type text, but not next to the picture, only on top of the picture.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022