Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need new photo software - was using Kodak Easyshare

Posted by liketolearn (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 19:47

I've been using Kodak Easyshare software for years. I just got a new computer and I went to download the Kodak Easyshare software and the Kodak website states Easyshare software is no longer available!

All my photos are stored on my old computer and I should be able to copy them over to my new computer. So I need a new photo software program.

I need some recommendations for new photo software. Here's what I need ...

#1 must be able to transfer my old photos to new software.

#2 must be a very basic and easy to use software. My editing is pretty basic with the ability to rotate photos, crop photos, lighten photo, and if possible be able to label photos.

#3 must be able to store photo files on my computer rather than an online gallery.

#4 must be able to have "albums" or way to sort photos into categories.

#5 prefer a free download.

Can anyone help with some suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need new photo software - was using Kodak Easyshare

Irfanview?

Here is a link that might be useful: Irfanview

o

Well I have never used any camera software. Never saw a reason to. Windows does most of it. I just used the memory card from the camera, put it in the card reader and copied them to the pc hard drive. There you can make any folders you want and sort them how ever you want.
For extras like editing you can use online ones or Irfanview mentioned.

o

You can copy all your files, photos, wallpaper and settings to you new computer by using Easy file transfer. All you need is a flash drive or external drive and do the following

Click Start
Click Control panel
Click the small right facing arrow beside Control panel at the top in the address bar
Click All Control panel items and the windows fills
Click Getting started 4th down left side probably
In the new window click Transfer files and settings from another computer and the screen shows a panel above
In the bottom right corner of that panel click Open Windows Easy Transfer
Click Next in the new window
Click An external hard drive or flash drive at the bottom of the choices
Click This is my new computer
Click Yes in the new window and follow along

It will then set the external drive up to accept all the stuff you need from the old machine and then prompt you to take the drive to the old computer to load the files.

o

try Picasa, it's free and I think will do all that your looking for

Here is a link that might be useful: Picasa 3

o

Presuming you are going from XP to W/7 Easy File Transfer is included with W/7 but not included with XP so you need to install it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy

o

I am in no way an Ansel Adams. Far from it. I just tinker or deal with have-tos. I use either Irfanview or Picasa, mostly Picasa. They are so user friendly even I can do it.

You can get either of them from Filehippo.com. In fact, there is a new version of Picasa out and available there.

DA

o

I've used Picasa and thought it worked pretty well. My only quibble is that there was no way to add text to an image.

o

Picasa is your best bet for simple editing, organizing in albums, etc. It's free to download and works quite well.

For transferring the images from your camera to the computer, Windows 7 does a nice job of that, now, so you don't need camera-branded software to do it.

Deborellah at Photo Mambo

o

Mike you can add text to the photos... there is a label feature etc in Picasa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here