SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gonefishin_gw

Error message

gonefishin
16 years ago

Hi. My brother and I are both elderly senior citizens who are not the most computer savvy people around as you folks well know. He lives in another city and we email each other every day to stay in touch. We manage to cope and work out most of our problems, but he has one now that we sure could use some help with if anyone out there can help. A few days he started getting an error message over and over again. Neither Microsoft Nor Nortons has been of any help, but I bet some one here will know what to do and how to do it.

It is an error message saying "Exception GIFException in module aviWUSB54GC.dll at 000252AF." with a little button to click O.K.

Another error message says :You are attempting to open a file of type 'Application Extension' (.dll)

These files are used by the computer operating system and by various programs. Editing or modifying them could damage your system.

If you still want to open the file, click Open with, otherwise, click cancel. Then below that are two buttons labeled Open with and the other one is Cancel.

How about it guys and gals, any help out there.

Thanks very much.

Bill P.

Comments (14)