SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jj1940

Revo Uninstalled question

jean_mi_z5
11 years ago

I purchased a Dell Dimension E310/keyboard/monitor and desk at a garage sale for song. XP operating system. It belonged to a college student and was being sold by his mother, who knows nothing about computers. At first she said it needed a new hard drive that would cost $75. Later in the conversation, she mentioned that it had a virus..hmmm....She called her son and he confirmed that it had a virus. I took the chance and bought it. I finally got it to boot in safe mode, uninstalled the out dated antivirus that he had installed, installed Avast and ran a scan in safemode. Avast found 108 infected files. Now it boots normally. Of course it had limewire installed along with a lot of other garbage. I installed Revo Uninstaller and it said that there were 14 limewire files in the registry. My question is, do I want to let Revo uninstall the registry files. I'm guessing 'yes', but want to be sure. I will probably be back with more questions. I just couldn't let this deal pass me by.

Jean

Comments (9)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Yes let revo clear that all out. Then run an updated malwarebytes scan, and a superantispyware free scan. I would also do a free eset online virus scan.

To know more about the pc go to Belarc.com and use the free Belarc tool.

• DA_Mccoy
    11 years ago

If you have CCleaner I would recommend running its registry tool. It sometimes picks up a straggler or two that REVO has missed. When running the tool only delete the items on the report associated with, in this case, Limewire. No guessing. Be sure to get in the habit of using the backup when offered. After some time when you are confident the system is running properly you can then delete the backup.
    DA

• Related Discussions

Question about Revo Uninstaller

Q

Comments (5)
    Built-in uninstall mode - run only the application's uninstaller without any additional scanning ->Safe uninstall mode - includes the Built-in mode and performs additional scans in the Registry and on the hard drive to find leftover items that are safe to delete. This is the fastest mode. ->Moderate uninstall mode - includes the Safe mode and performs an extended scan to find all of the application's leftover information in the most common places of the Registry and on the hard drive ->Advanced uninstall mode - includes the Moderate mode and performs a deep and thorough scan to find all of the application's leftover information in the Registry and on the hard drive. This is the slowest mode. Looks like you would be safe with advanced mode "performs a deep and thorough scan to find all of the (application's leftover information) in the Registry and on the hard drive.
    ...See More

Hunter Mode in Revo Uninstaller?

Q

Comments (4)
    I was advised to use Revo years ago to remove programs as it is supposed to do a more thorough job that Windows does. I was told that Windows leaves behind pieces and parts, usually in the registry. So, I've always used it to remove programs, especially those pesky ones that sneak in when I fail to pay attention when downloading another. It seemed to work well for me with XP for many years. The hunter icon has gone, I had shut down and rebooted later, so no problems there. Thanks for the help, you folks are the best.
    ...See More

Revo Uninstaller - good or not?

Q

Comments (10)
    REVO is a fine application, but let's slow the train down just a bit for a first time user. No application is 100%. For best results use REVO in the Advanced Mode. It will first create a Windows restore point. Then it will run the target application's on-board uninstaller. This will be followed by a REVO scan of the system for orphan files. This scan will be presented to the user in a report with options to delete or not. I have always selected and deleted everything without a concern. Finally, REVO will scan the registry for orphan entries. Again a report will be presented to the user with the option to delete or not. This is were it gets a little tricky as I have seen on rare occasion entries reported in error. Either ignore the report and move past, or be absolutely certain the entries you select are for the target application. No guessing is allowed here. Please be aware that quite often the scan of the system and/or registry will come up clean. If you have CCleaner installed on your system this is one of a few times I suggest running its registry tool for anything missed. Again, no guessing and be sure to use the backup offering. The START>Search suggestion is a good one too for a final clean up. DA
    ...See More

software uninstall issue

Q

Comments (13)
    Really should use the uninstaller & a reboot before deleting left over files & folders. When you install a program, most will write data to the registry.. the programs configurations. Which might include some items that run at startup. If you leave the registry items by deleting just folders rather than runing its unistaller - which will delete most registry items,, you may or may not discover at start up or at other times, errors when the registry tries to access some file you deleted. And with some programs, it might be a major error.
    ...See More
  • jean_mi_z5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Raven..I was pretty sure about deleting them all, but I tend to err on the side of caution. I plan on installing the software that you listed...it's a nice little computer. I might give it to my granddaughter.

Jean

• jean_mi_z5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks DA...will do that....

Jean

• mikie_gw
    11 years ago

Might search and run
    Magic Jelly Bean Key Finder

See if it matches the product key if not marks-alot it somewhere out side the case

Someday you may need that key to reinstall windows.

You will be able to Update it, I think, for $40 to Win8 pretty soon.

• jean_mi_z5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This has been quite the adventure. I loaded Avast and the last scan showed "NO" infected files. I finally succeeded installing SuperAntiSpyWare, but it won't open. So I tried to load Malwarebyes. First time it said that MB was already loaded...not listed in Revo...not listed in Add/Remove. I did finally find some folders. I deleted them and was successful getting it installed but kept getting an error message when I tried to open it....found Mbam cleaner and ran that, then it loaded and I was able to run a scan....found 188 infected files....I selected to delete them all, but I see where it says "no action taken"...does that mean they are still there? It's late and I will run another scan in the morning.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.0.1400
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.09.07.13

unknown x86 FAT32
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106
    me :: TYLOR [administrator]

9/28/2012 5:04:53 PM
    mbam-log-2012-09-28 (19-45-52).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\:)
    Scan options enabled: Memory : Startup : Registry : File System : Heuristics/Extra : Heuristics/Shuriken : PUP : PUM
    Scan options disabled: P2P
    Objects scanned: 466562
    Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 26 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 5
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\"83798BB2-00CD-4CF4-84CC-D814DC7A510F> (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Error Fix (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\UAC (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Error Fix (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\UACd.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 1
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center:UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Detected: 58
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKCURun (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKCURun\RunOnce (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKCURun\RunOnceEx (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKLMRun (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKLMRun\RunOnce (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKLMRun\RunOnceEx (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\StartMenuAllUsers (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\StartMenuCurrentUser (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\BrowserObjects (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKCURun (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKCURun\RunOnce (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKCURun\RunOnceEx (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKLMRun (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKLMRun\RunOnce (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\HKLMRun\RunOnceEx (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\StartMenuAllUsers (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\Autorun\StartMenuCurrentUser (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\Anti-Virus-Pro.com\AntiVirusPro\BrowserObjects (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\Logs (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\PCOBackups (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520 (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\Results (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\WinTouch (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Error Fix (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Error Fix\PW (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\MyWaySA (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe (PUP.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Outerinfo (Adware.PurityScan) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Outerinfo\FF (Adware.PurityScan) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Outerinfo\FF\components (Adware.PurityScan) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\QdrModule (Adware.ISM) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\QdrPack (Adware.ISM) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\SpyGuarder (Rogue.SpyGuard) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Temporary (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Web Buying (Adware.WebBuying) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Web Buying\v1.8.5 (Adware.WebBuying) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinAble (Trojan.Adloader) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\extensions (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\files (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\registry_backup (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Start Menu\Programs\Brave-Sentry (Rogue.Brave.Sentry) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Brave-Sentry (Rogue.Brave.Sentry) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor (Adware.AdSponsor) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Start Menu\Programs\Outerinfo (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Outerinfo (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\a1 (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\g2 (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
    C:\WINDOWS\PerfInfo (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.

Files Detected: 124
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\zlib.dll (Rogue.AntiVirus1) -> No action taken.
    C:\System Volume Information\_restore"202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F>\RP479\A0169540.dll (Adware.TargetServer) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Desktop\BraveSentry.lnk (Rogue.Brave.Sentry) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Desktop\Click to Find and Fix Errors.url (Rogue.Link) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Desktop\WinPerformance.lnk (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\WinPerformance.lnk (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\uacinit.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\spy_ignore.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\Logs\2009-09-30 08-17-130.log (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\Logs\2009-09-30 17-33-420.log (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-25.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-43.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\filelist.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-0.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-1.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-10.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-11.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-12.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-13.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-14.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-15.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-16.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-17.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-18.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-19.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-2.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-20.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-21.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-22.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-23.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-24.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-26.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-27.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-28.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-29.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-3.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-30.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-31.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-32.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-33.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-34.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-35.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-36.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-37.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-38.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-39.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-4.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-40.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-41.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-42.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-44.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-45.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-46.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-47.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-48.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-49.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-5.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-50.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-51.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-52.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-53.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-54.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-55.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-56.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-57.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-58.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-59.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-6.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-60.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-61.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-7.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-8.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\QuarantineW\2009-09-30 08-18-520\regb-9.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\Results\Evidence.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\Results\Junk.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\Results\Registry.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Error Fix\Results\Update.db (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.0b60cfc4b6d3e3c37130521350ebc7f6 (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.227570765fde172c6daec5b987942ea0 (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.4e13ef8d01559393d6bd1809d218bc3b (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.681303c7c99fb299cd389fea1b21b2a4 (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.7122c7eafb0ac354f8e1febc61a7cd86 (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.8e27510be5c00e983a8c121d4d85d88c (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.91fbe16e6dfa824a41c1d20e0e4550bd (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.d6ed534f0b17e4e404d24b2dfbfbfbed (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.d88bb3c67c179112756dd508e6ff7a18 (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Application Data\WinTouch\wintouch.cfg (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.4df6f4e79f2185c4eeefea7dc0678074 (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.a71946a3eccb03310dd2397a743097f4 (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Application Data\WinTouch\wintouch.cfg (Adware.WinPop) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Error Fix\PW\general.html (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Error Fix\PW\optimizations.html (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Error Fix\PW\privacy.html (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Error Fix\PW\scheduler.html (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Error Fix\PW\startup.html (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Error Fix\PW\wizard.css (Rogue.ErrorFix) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Outerinfo\Terms.rtf (Adware.PurityScan) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Outerinfo\FF\chrome.manifest (Adware.PurityScan) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Outerinfo\FF\install.rdf (Adware.PurityScan) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\Outerinfo\FF\components\OuterinfoAds.xpt (Adware.PurityScan) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\QdrModule\dic.gz (Adware.ISM) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\QdrModule\kwd.gz (Adware.ISM) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\QdrPack\dicts.gz (Adware.ISM) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\QdrPack\trgts.gz (Adware.ISM) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\scan.archive (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\WinPerformance.ini (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\WinPerformance.lnk (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\extensions\index.ext (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\extensions\main.ldb (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\extensions\main.mdb (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\files\warn_bad.bmp (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\files\warn_trusted.bmp (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\files\warn_unknown.bmp (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\WinPerformance\registry_backup\2007.11.24 10.23.57.rb (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Start Menu\Programs\Brave-Sentry\BraveSentry.lnk (Rogue.Brave.Sentry) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Start Menu\Programs\Brave-Sentry\Uninstall.lnk (Rogue.Brave.Sentry) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Brave-Sentry\BraveSentry.lnk (Rogue.Brave.Sentry) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Brave-Sentry\Uninstall.lnk (Rogue.Brave.Sentry) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Check Now.lnk (Adware.AdSponsor) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Uninstall.lnk (Adware.AdSponsor) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Start Menu\Programs\Outerinfo\Terms.lnk (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Start Menu\Programs\Outerinfo\Uninstall.lnk (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Outerinfo\Terms.lnk (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\taylor\Start Menu\Programs\Outerinfo\Uninstall.lnk (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.

(end)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

Wow yes indeed that thing has some serious infections.
    You will need to go to LzD forum so you can run some special scans to get this cleaned up. You will need to register there and start your own thread telling what has happened, don't follow instructions given for any one else. Post to the area I link to. Please post your above scan results there.
    You have some really bad rogues there.
    The team will help you step by step.
    I am there also let me know if you need help.

Here is a link that might be useful: LzD

• jean_mi_z5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I registered at LzD first thing this morning. Then I ran another Malwarebytes scan and here is the results.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.0.1400
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.09.07.13

unknown x86 NTFS
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106
    me :: TYLOR [administrator]

9/29/2012 5:32:10 AM
    mbam-log-2012-09-29 (05-32-10).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\:)
    Scan options enabled: Memory : Startup : Registry : File System : Heuristics/Extra : Heuristics/Shuriken : PUP : PUM
    Scan options disabled: P2P
    Objects scanned: 466614
    Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 17 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

Okay I see you registered there but you didn't start a thread, please go ahead and do that, copy the page url from this page and include it in the post there.
    You will still need to do clean up, malwarebytes took care of some of it but these will need more in depth cleaning.
    Be sure to put it in the malware removal area that I linked to.