Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Change picture

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 18:07

I would like to change my startup picture.Is there a simple way to do this.Not puter savy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Change picture

Do you know which picture you want to use?
Do you know where it is located on your computer?

If yes, then all you need to do is go thru Windows Explorer, select the picture with one (not two) left-click of the mouse, then right-click it once and select "Set as Desktop Background".

o

Hi goldy,

You should be able to Right Click on a picture of your choice and choose Set as desktop background from the list of options.

If you want to change it to one that is provided in your computer do the following:

In XP:
click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.

In Vista and Windows 7:
click Start, click Control Panel, click Personalization, and then click Desktop Background.

See if that helps.

o

By "start up" picture, do you mean your account picture that appears on your welcome screen when you start your computer? If so, and I think you have windows 7, right click on your desktop, choose "personalize" and on the left side, choose "change account picture". You can use the generic ones in that window, or "browse" and choose one of your own.

Jean

o

This web site is a God Send and you people are angels. My shihzu is now on my windows background.God bless you all.

o

pardon, your what ?

o

it's a dog Mikie! :-)

o

A dog like this......

Photobucket

o

That is a picture of how my dog will look full grown.He is only a pup right now and just a fur ball.if you have the time he is featured on face book somewhere.

o

Jean, I tried your instructions, but 'browse' is grayed out - what can I do?

o

@kayjones,

What Operating System?

Check to see if the Service is set for Automatic.

Here's how:

1. Right Click My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista/Win7) and select Manage.
2. Click on the + next to Services And Applications
3. Click on Services
4. You can select Standard or Extended View. I prefer Standard View.
5. Scroll down a bit to find the Themes service.
6. Double click the Themes service and under general make sure the Startup Type is set for Automatic .
7. Select Start if the Service is not started.
8. If it is already started, select Stop and then Select Start again.

Let us know if that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here