Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luhe.HTML.Framer.A-How to get rid of irritating pop up

Posted by yesican (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 17:04

I kept gettting the pop up that said I had the above so I did an AVG scan and AVG put it in the isolation vault. I still got the message so I deleted AVG and checked for what was in the vault to go too. I downloaded AVG again (free addition). Now the vault shows nothing but I'm still having the popup every few minutes. Is there a way I can get rid of it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luhe.HTML.Framer.A-How to get rid of irritating pop up

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer click Here to your desktop. Click the Save file tab, save it to the desktop. Then double click it to run it.

Double-clickTFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

o

Thanks for your reply. I went off line for a couple hours and when I came back on the pop up didn't show again. Hopefully that's the end of it.

o

You should not be relying entirely on AVG, an anti virus program, to protect your computer. I hope you are also running something like Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE), Malwarebytes, SUPERAntispyware, Spybot Search and Destroy or a similar program for added safety.

All those listed above except MSE need manual updating and running and should be done every so often depending on your comfort level. MSE is fully automatic.

o

I just downloaded MSE. Thanks for the suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here