SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20095016

Funmoods.com

User
11 years ago

I have used malwarebytes and superantispyware to try and detach this from Google. I also went into my programs and uninstalled it but it still shows up in Google.

Both of the above software produces said it could be dangerous. Each product picked up about 8 lines of Funmoods programming.

My research shows me that others have complained and there are programs that say they will get rid of it.

Would like your opinion.

Thanks

Comments (24)

• mikie_gw
    11 years ago

If its removed, perhaps all you are seeing is the Browser home page is the funmoods.

Go to www.google.com and then make that your home page.
    Wish Internet Explorer while google is loaded, go to Internet Options / Then a simple push of the 'Use Current' on the General tab page.

• nearandwest
    11 years ago

I just saw a client on landzdown who was having difficulty removing two programs on their computer, one of which was funmoods. It required the specialized removal tools used at landzdown to get rid of funmoods. There may be other methods to remove it, but I know that the folks at landzdown can certainly get it removed for you. The benefit of working with the landzdown team is that they may be able to find and remove any other possible issues that you may not be aware of.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, it appears to be gone using Mikie's instructions.

I will use landzdown if it comes back. I have an account there but may not remember my info.
    I agree they are good too. I know this funmoods is a bugger but for now I will run my maintenance and see if they find it again.

Thanks, Mikie and nearandwest.

• mike_kaiser_gw
    11 years ago

Maybe it's because I'm a curmudgeon but I'd be instantaneously suspicious of anything called "funmoods".

• nearandwest
    11 years ago

I hope Mikie's recommendation helped you to remove the program. My question is...How did that program get loaded onto your computer in the first place?

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, how did it get there? It is not an amusing name either.
    You are both right. I suspect that like adware (I think that was the one) took over and had a similar logo to google
    earlier. and that was a bear to get out, there is more to come. I did my maintenance yet again and they have not found it tonight. Hope this is a warning to others.
    Won't forget the name will you...

• grandms
    11 years ago

I need the link for Lanzdown as I am having problems with funmood.com also. It is listed in my Chrome search engines and I cannot get rid of it. A tab for funmoods keeps popping up, too. I seem to have gotten it off of IE and FF. I pretty well know how I got it, too. Long story, but when trying to find a program to open a type of zipped file, funmoods and about 5 other things loaded themselves onto my computer. Some I was able to uninstall via Revo, but funmoods seems here to stay, and I'm afraid of what else may be hidden along with it. BTW, full scans with Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and Avast have not shown anything amiss.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

Here is the link to the malware removal area. Register, then post your own thread there, do not try to follow the instructions given to some other person with a similar problem!

Here is a link that might be useful: LzD malware removal area

• grandms
    11 years ago

Thanks, I have just posted there.

• corrine_mvp
    11 years ago

@Ellie45 -- I doubt what you have done has eliminated Funmoods. It aggressively implants itself not only in all installed browsers but also in the Registry and AppData.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

Yes, I would definitely recommend visiting LzD as grandmas has so you can be certain that pc is clean.
    But always start your own thread telling what has happened, don't follow instructions given for any one else.

Thanks Corrine.

• grandms
    11 years ago

Yes, Ellie, do go there. I does not show up in my scans, either, but it still pops up when I open my browser. I cannot say enough good things about Lanzdown and Corrine.

• mikie_gw
    11 years ago

Its not necessarily totally evil program or a virus. It probably is adware. It really is a legitimate program if installed from softwares source site. They have a sort of simple youtube tutorial to remove it.. including how to remove it from the start up page/default search from the big three popular browsers.

Like so many typical program uninstalls, it probably leaves some left overs.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://funmoods.com/faq

• grandms
    11 years ago

Well, Mikie, I got rid of it in IE and FF, but it persists in Chrome. It is listed with my search engines for that browser and it will not delete as others will. I'll take a look at the video, although we are working on it at Lanzdown, and I won't try anything else right now. By the way, I did not willingly download it or about 6 other programs that suddenly put themselves on my computer. I was simply attempting to download a program to open a certain kind of .zip file when this happened. To my way of thinking, anything that puts itself on my computer against my will and cannot be removed by ordinary means is MALWARE.

• mikie_gw
    11 years ago

I would say... the guy that wrote the special zip program is trying to get rich.. he's the one that installed them. He made money off each program that was installed,and/or possibly commissions off income those 'free extra' programs produced from being being on your computer.

• grandms
    11 years ago

I guess you're right about that. By the way, the link you posted for Funmoods----none of their instructions for removal work because I had already tried some of them.

The "different" .zip file came from Foxit Reader, which I had thought was trustworthy. Just don't know who to trust.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow, i just came back here and there is new news.

This bugger showed up in my malware and spyware programs that I use from from here as I said before. I deleted the threats. And I have run those programs a couple of times and am looking for it now. Haven't seen anything but I know that awful feeling of knowing it is lurking. Will start a new thread and get to LZd if necessary.

Ellie

• grandms
    11 years ago

Ellie, do go to Lanzdown. I thought I had it all removed, but it keeps popping up. I have been working at LD for three days now, and it's still not all gone. In fact, Malwarebytes doesn't even pick it up on my computer, nor does SuperAntiSpyware. It is a bugger!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

grandms, I looked on FF today which I never have used and found it right up there and I deleted FF. The first go round when it took over Google, Malwarebytes and the spyware found it and deleted it. I run those every day and it isn't showing up but I have dealt with AVG I know it is not gone. Not that easily. I will go to Lanzdown when I can during the day. I work a lot of nights. It is too late and they are so dedicated.
    However, I am looking at all of these posts and I know it is not good. It is like AVG. Thanks, I will check back.
    It is great that you warned me. I appreciate it sooo much.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

Believe me funmoods is a very nasty one it is not what it says it is at all, o
    It has so much stuff with it. We are seeing a lot of them coming in. This thing doesn't just go away, you might want to think so, but it will be back!

• corrine_mvp
    11 years ago

Not to worry, Ellie45. It took some time but I'm doing a Happy Dance because we finally obliterated it from Grandms' computer.

Ellie45, when you go to LzD, in addition to the standard logs requested, please include a scan from AdwCleaner:

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode to your desktop from http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
    -- Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    -- Click Search.
    -- A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
    -- Please post the contents of that logfile with the other requested logs.

Note: The log can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner[XX].txt where XX denotes the number of times the application has been run, i.e., R1

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Corrine. Saw the info. May have more questions
    before I start adressing the above.
    Raven, I never thought you would be up so late my time.

I will start a new thread here. I know it seem wrong to not do it immediately. I have to have plenty of time because you stick to it and stay with me. Let me know if there is anyone on duty late at night if you can.
    I forgot my pw but I think I know my login.
    Whew

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

I am often laying in bed late night not sleeping so I grab my tablet and check in. Might as well be doing something productive lol.

the team at LzD is from all over the world so you never know when someone will be there.