Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IE9 and Microsoft .NET Mainframe Question

Posted by walnutcreek (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 16:23

Yesterday I downloaded IE9 and Microsoft .NET Mainframe 4 (I think that was the name of it). They caused my computer to be unbelievably slow, so I deleted both of them. Now when I start IE8, what loads is http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/ instead my home page.

Do any of you have any idea how I can fix this? I want my home page to load not FixIt.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IE9 and Microsoft .NET Mainframe Question

Meant to say that I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

o

Go to the web page you like for your home page.. then open your internet options... towards the top you will see the address of the page you are on. Press the button under it that says ' Use Current '

o

When I click on internet options, it shows my homepage; however, that is not the page that loads.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here