Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stuck with toner cartridges

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 28, 10 at 15:07

My black toner wasn't printing properly on my Samsung laser printer, so I bought a new one and it's still the same. I now know that it's the printer that's defective.I now have 5 toner cartridges that are all full and can't use. Do you think it's worth having the printer fixed or should i just scrap it.Do you have any idea what the repair would be...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stuck with toner cartridges

you might try finding a model that uses the same cartridges?
or sell them on craigslist. No clue what a repair may cost.

o

Except for upper end models, printers now-a-days are pretty much disposable.

DA

o

List the model # of the printer and cartridge-
I may be able to help you get rid of them!

o

Years ago (8?) I had an Epson 600 inkjet that was "spitting" because a head was clogged. I did this a few times: put a few drops of rubbing alcohol down into the jet location, followed by test printing. After a few rounds it printed like new. Maybe your printer is similar. Try some googling if your problem is similar.

o

This might be the problem but as Steve says if Clairdo had listed a model number help could be better provided.

o

Oops, just noticed you have a laser. Disregard my comment.

o

I have a samsung laser printer.
I could use a new toner cart.

o

I think ravencagun's compatible approach is probably the easy route, but you might want to try and fix it yourself with help from the fixyourownprinter website. There are a lot of simple repairs, and a lot of hard ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here