Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Google Chrome

Posted by randy_ca (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 3, 08 at 14:25

So how do you all like this new browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.

So far so good with me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Chrome (BETA) for Windows

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Google Chrome

And while testers offer their comments, I'd like to read how people feel about Google (with its controversial data-recording activities) now having access to one's entire browsing history. Are people concerned or is it much ado about nothing ?

o

Is that in the chrome only or is it that way just using Google for a home page.

o

I was going to try it till I read the EULA. If they change that, I may try it someday.

Terry

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Chrome EULA

o

I agree I don't like the EULA so not ready to try it. Seen the screen shots talked to testers not really impressed thus far. Will stick with firefox.

o

Apparently there was such an uproar about the EULA that Google is in the process of changing it to remove the offending passages.

Terry

Here is a link that might be useful: Google's EULA Is In The Process of Being Fixed

o

Yes this part here I think had a lot of people going ya kidding right? LOL

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services."

do they want pick of the litter too?

o

OK,I give,,,what the heck is EULA????

o

Caroline,

End-User Licensing Agreement.

HTH
Terry

o

The EULA seems no different to their stance with Gmail. But I also believe all web based email is set up the same way, they stake ownership to anything and everything emailed.

o

Google may change its EULA but that will probably not change whatever they had intended to do with any data collection. Google is still "looking in your windows" with its Google Earth.

o

Raven, they only want your first born, they can have both of mine, but not my info. LOL

o

Despite the drawbacks mentioned above I decided to give it a test. It has some nice features. It is small and fast. Opens much quicker than firefox and then opens pages faster. Easy install and during the install it imported all my bookmarks (even the bookmarks toolbar) and even had the sites I had visited in firefox marked in red. Two things (in addition to the previously mentioned concersn) convinced me to discontinue using it for now. Distracting ads that I don't see with firefox and the fact that I didn't find a way to change the default font. In firefox I have verdana font as the default and the default size as 20. Much easier on my eyes than the original default. Changing the size using Ctrl + didn't help enough in Chrome.
I did like it well enough that I will try it again later.

o

Bob, I also like a bigger font and I use bold where I can. I used to have a lot of eye strain before I changed my settings.

o

Raven, they only want your first born, they can have both of mine, but not my info. LOL
they could have tried for my first born male but God beat them to it. Nya Nya.

o

Bob, I don't see any ads at all. I, too, would like to use a different font. I'll keep playing around and see what else I can find out about it.

o

I found how to change the font. Under the wrench > options> minor tweaks > change font and language settings. I like that part better but am still seeing flashing ads on some pages (not gardenweb) and hope to find a way to prevent that.

o

I don't see any ads using Ad Plus and Firefox. I was seeing ads a couple of days ago, when I checked my ad plus, it wasn't there. I must have uninstalled it when I uninstalled some themes.

o

No ads with firefox. That's why I'm using it instead of chrome.

o

I see Google changed its EULA on Sept 4.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google changes EULA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here