Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Issues with both computers i just cant figure out.

Posted by polarprincess (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 14:09

On my existing computer i started getting all kinds of messages about too much memory being used and to close and reopen program. then i started getting the blue screen of death and my computer would shut down. then i started getting kicked off the internet constantly. it would always come right back but then do it over and over. because i am a medical transcriptionist and rely on a good functioning computer i ordered a new one. i got a dell 8 gb memory, 1 tb hard drive with the newer i5 processor. i have barely even used this new computer because it is unbearably slow. so slow that it takes at least 25 to 30 seconds to open a web page and when it does, it too constantly kicks me off.

my router is upstairs in my bedroom not that far from where i work upstairs, but usually i use my computers (laptops) in the basement and have about 3 lines on the signal strength. I am wondering if the being kicked off the internet on both computers may be a sign i need a new router?

how about my new computer? why is it so slow? could it be becuase of bloatware? i looked though all the stuff on the computer and was confused as to what programs etc could safely be removed. also, could it be the mcaffee on there hogging resources? should i just remove it and use AVG? i dont know where to start. it is seriously bad.

Any help would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Issues with both computers i just cant figure out.

pcdecrapifier
read its name carefully to see what it does.

For new computers it selects some of the well known not needed junk you might not want.

Plus it lists all programs seperately and offers to remove there too .. but your choice then.

Sounds like wifi interfierence or just a bad internet connection. Could be the router. Maybe you have a neighbor with new wifi messing you up... inSSIDer is a handy thing for that.. http://www.metageek.net/support/downloads/

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/download

o

thanks. i will check those out tomorrow.

o

Try connecting via lan cable and see if the slow web loading goes away.

o

A poor internet connection wouldn't cause as BSOD. They're typically driver or hardware related. Did you happen to write down the exact error name and any codes?

You might want to take a look at the attached article.

Here is a link that might be useful: BSOD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here