SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polarprincess

Issues with both computers i just cant figure out.

polarprincess
11 years ago

On my existing computer i started getting all kinds of messages about too much memory being used and to close and reopen program. then i started getting the blue screen of death and my computer would shut down. then i started getting kicked off the internet constantly. it would always come right back but then do it over and over. because i am a medical transcriptionist and rely on a good functioning computer i ordered a new one. i got a dell 8 gb memory, 1 tb hard drive with the newer i5 processor. i have barely even used this new computer because it is unbearably slow. so slow that it takes at least 25 to 30 seconds to open a web page and when it does, it too constantly kicks me off.

my router is upstairs in my bedroom not that far from where i work upstairs, but usually i use my computers (laptops) in the basement and have about 3 lines on the signal strength. I am wondering if the being kicked off the internet on both computers may be a sign i need a new router?

how about my new computer? why is it so slow? could it be becuase of bloatware? i looked though all the stuff on the computer and was confused as to what programs etc could safely be removed. also, could it be the mcaffee on there hogging resources? should i just remove it and use AVG? i dont know where to start. it is seriously bad.

Any help would be great.

Comments (4)