SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlarose_gw

Internet Explorer Disappears

CarlaRose
9 years ago

This problem is written all over the internet, but I haven't been able to find where anyone offered a solution. I'm soooo hoping you good people are able to help me.

The computer is Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. When I open IE 11, it appears but then immediately disappears. The browser doesn't have a chance to fully load. I find it running in Task Manager, but I can't see it anywhere on the screen. It is neither open nor minimized.

I tried all the usual uninstalling and re-installing, but I can't believe IE can no longer be uninstalled. That just makes no sense to me but nevertheless, I cannot install an earlier version of IE because 11 never goes away, and there are no earlier versions previously installed to revert back to.

I found where one person was telling people to check "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" in Internet Options, and many responded to let him know that solved the problem for them. However, I am unable to do that. The box is already checked and if unchecking it might solve the problem for me, it is shaded out so I'm not able to uncheck it anyway.

Please let me know if you need any other information, and thank you to anyone who has the fix for this common problem.
Simply Perplexed

Comments (3)