Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I not save PDF files anymore?

Posted by casi (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 12:14

Every once in awhile I run onto a PDF document that allows me to print it but I can't find a tab to save it. Do I need another program now, or what? I really don't want to print of 81 pages of colored text.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I not save PDF files anymore?

If you're using Adobe Reader try PDF-XChange Viewer or Foxit Reader. Adobe reader uses more resources and the others have been used and recommended by forum members. Watch that you're getting the free ones.

o

I am not too sure that any simple PDF viewer/reader will allow printing of selected pages.

You might consider bring the needed pages up individually then taking a screenshot - press 'Print screen' or 'PRN SCRN' next to the F12 button. Then paste it into your photo editing software or Paint if you have nothing better. Then save as an image.

Long ago I used PDFCreator and it was great, no idea why I moved away but I have just downloaded it again. It is a versatile program.

Here is a link that might be useful: Download PDFCreator from Filehippo

o

Thanks, no I didn't want to print the file. I wanted to keep it in my documents for reference. I will check out the links. Thanks

o

Some computers will have a print to file check box in print set up.

Some computers also will allow you to go into printers, and change the default printer to Print to file... and print just the pages you want to a folder.

o

If you have the pdf open in your browser, perhaps you can do something like: "Save Page As" from your browser's file menu?

o

With the pdf open in the viewable form go to the top select file then save as name it and save it to the location of your choice.

o

Why not right click and save it to the desktop from the site before opening? That's how I always do it. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here