Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Net Framework?????

Posted by mxyplx (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 11:59

I have XP/Pro on 2 comps as I'm in the process of swapping comps. Now I installed xp/pro on #2 with the same disk that came with #1 so presumably they are identical OS but there are differences due I guess to the different Mobo's.

Well I just noticed the #2 does not have the Net Framework listed in the Add/Remove. Original update was maybe 100 files plus all those since. I've done nothing except click OK on any update proposed.

How come? I don't miss it, not complaining, so far everything seems to work OK; just curious.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Net Framework?????

Wikipedia says:
Windows XP (including service packs) does not come with any version of the .NET Framework installed.

So don't worry... When something you install in thr future requires it... it will tell you. No reason to have it if you don;t have something requiring it.

o

I agree I would like to have it all gone but unfortunately some things require it, till you find something that tells you it is required just ignore it and then decide if you really need what ever it is that requires it.

o

There are many versions of .NET Framework, don't installed it unless your applications need it. Remember to do Windows Update after the applications installed the .NET Framework as there are usually patches to apply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here