Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No sound from website

Posted by bus_driver (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 9, 11 at 11:58

On the TV station website at the link below, when I try to view one of their "Deal or Dud" features, the commercial message, if any, plays perfectly with good sound. But then the feature has only tiny bits of sound. Two family members in distant places say that it all works well for them. I do not have this problem at any other websites. My browser is Mozilla Firefox, constantly updated.
When I try to watch on Internet Explorer 64-bit, the message: "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher". Then it links to a place to supposedly download a compatible version of the Flash Player. Message: "Flash Player 10.3 is not currently available for your 64-bit web browser".
Your suggestions welcome.

Here is a link that might be useful: TV station website

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No sound from website

You can get the IE64 bit flash player at the following link.

You might want to read down the page and note that you should run the flash unistaller before installing .. which may mean you will need to go back and reistall flash for your mozilla too. Because it probably will remove both ie & mozilla versions.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html

o
RE: No sound from website

ps... when having problems with flash player adobe recommend a restart of your computer after uninstalling flash ... before the new re-install of flash.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here