Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hope I'm not repeating myself...Mac users, how do I--

Posted by jannaz (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 21, 11 at 11:18

I thought I posted this question and I'm really going to feel stupid if it pops up after I post this, but I can't see it anywhere, so....

I need to upgrade to a newer version of Firefox. I have never done this with my Mac (OS X, Leopard, 10.5.8)

Looking at FF's website, it says to upgrade, see update. Looking at update, I don't see anything about upgrading. Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I'm lost.

Can someone give me some pointers?

Thanks, J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hope I'm not repeating myself...Mac users, how do I--

Now, Mac OS X users can start using the most advanced version of Mozilla Firefox® to date, 100% free - for life, today! Start enjoying the web browsing experience that over 100 million users around the world use, using arguably the best web browser on the planet! Whats more, you'll be using the most advanced version publicly available! Whether you're an experienced Firefox user, or brand new to this browser; you have the opportunity to download Firefox 6.0.2 absolutely free, and can start surfing the internet on a whole new level. Upgrade from Firefox 4 or 5!

Please see link

Download Firefox for Mac OS X absolutely free!

http://www.mozillafirefox.us/mac.html

o

Thanks for the ad! I'm ***already*** using, I need instuctions for performing the upgrade, please.

J

o

Zep gave you a link which will lead you to the newest version. Download and install it and you will be upgraded.

Here's the link just click it.

o

I have to admit the post is awful and looks like spam / ad!!

o

sorry if I sound stupid--I've never done this with the Mac.

Checking the link, I see where I'm supposed to download.

Am I correct in assuming this will install the new version over the old--I don't have to delete/uninstall anything?

Thanks,
J

o

That's right, just install the new one without uninstalling anything.

o

Hi jannaz,

Installing Firefox on Mac

Just in case! Here are installing instructions. Somewhere it says you need to drag it to the applications folder...

Hope it helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Installing Firefox on Mac

o

Oh, goodie. I knew this was starting to sound too easy to be true. I'm not even sure I can find the applications folder.

Thank you for warning me, Zep.

J

o

zep-
Dang...I like Firefox, but your first message sounded like you just got on their cheerleading squad. You must have had a couple of beers tonight, right? If I didn't know about all of your other helpful posts, I would have assumed we had a new spammer here!

o

to upgrade your firefox, just go up to the menu Firefox -> About firefox,

and click "check for updates". That's it. The program will then download the necessary update for you.

o

Hi Kuduz9,

No I did not have a couple of beers, but I probably should have LOL. I'm a friend of bill & bob. I copy and paste a lot to the forum. My typing is so bad not to mention my command over the English language. I struggle with spelling and basic sentence structure. Getting thoughts from keyboard to forum has always been difficult for me. I continue to work at it and have improved.

o

Welcome to my club Zep. I have just about quit posting, it takes forever for me to put together a paragraph so that it makes sense, so I don't end up feeling stupid and so it doesn't offend anyone. Luckily spell checker takes of 99% of my spelling problems. I don't know about you but this is new territory for me and I hate it.

o

Well you know the famous saying about well-crafted writing?: "Sorry, but I didn't have time to write you a short letter."

Keep on posting guys...I've had my share of late night bloopers, too!

o
RE: not repeating myself...Mac users, how do I--

Well, I got it upgraded, and thank you all for your help, but it sure wasn't as straight-forward as FF advertised! I had icons all over the place that I didn't know what to do with. lucky for me, the Mac did, and all seems to be in working order. Whew.

Jann - who is still sweating and twitching.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here