Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inputs for RCA plugs

Posted by urlee (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 9:55

I have 3 components that have to be used with the Red-White-Yellow RCA plugs.
Is there a Monitor or TV that has 3 RCA Inputs on it?
I think I can get by with just using only the Yellow (Video) one of the three plugs if I have to cause I only need the video mostly from the items I am using.

Can the wire be snipped and put the end of a HDMI on it? (smiles)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inputs for RCA plugs

Hi,

Try a Google search for RCA HDMI converter

I think there is a cable made with RCA on one end and HDMI on the other.

o

Urlee,

Nice to see you.

Z is correct convertor cables are available. Never personally used one though.

I've seen where HD TVs have aux inputs that are three wire RCA. Both of mine do.

Can't guarantee it for all situations, but my experience is video does require only one wire. The other two wires are channeled for left and right sound.

DA

o

o

Hey Zep---THANKS! That just may be the solution to my problem. I didn't even give it a thought as to there being such. I shall finish clicking to find on those sites. (I peeked then came back here)

Hi DA, Nice to C U Too! (smiles)
I am using two RCA inputs on my TV (like you have) but had to dig out my tiny Sony TV for the 3rd component hookup. My old Mitsubishi TV had all three where I could switch to the one I wanted to see without a hassle. I have my DVR hooked up to the Composite ones.
I was wanting to get a monitor or TV I could hook all three to use to set below my TV on a shelf.

Here is my TV now---- photo RCAInputs_zpseb2f1834.jpg

This is my old TV hookup and I used one in front for my 3rd hookup.
 photo ConnectionsBottom_zps8c30d940.jpg

chuggerguy, I couldn't get that to open. Will try again later.

Thanks.

o

Assuming your main video is HDMI, could one of your components be antenna connected in?

I like the idea of an adapter to HDMI, if it would work.

An AB switch maybe?

DA

o

OK, I did get to see what chuggerguy had posted and looked ideal but? How does it work? Do I have to get up and go to it to do the switching opposed to from my remote control? (easy chair)
Hope I explained what I meant here.

DA QUOTE:Assuming your main video is HDMI, could one of your components be antenna connected in? HUH?, (me no understand)
No HDMI used and Antenna is hooked to cable TV.

o

On board now. I thought your TV service was HDMI.

I have never seen a AB switch with a remote, but a cursory Google shows they do have a limited existence. Without the remote you would have to get up to change the input.

If you look closely at the unit tagged by CG (this is an ABC switch-three options) in the center above the word INPUT there is a horizontal three position slide selector. The three circles above the selector are named Inputs A-B-C or 1-2-3. I can't tell from the picture. The unit is displaying input B or 2 selected.

The RCA-HDMI convertor is still looking good, if it works. A stop at your local Radio Shack may answer all your questions.

DA

o

Thanks DA!

I was not able to get on the computer till now to see this.

Will check on the cable way mentioned and hope it will solve my problem.

o

Welcome my friend. Keep us informed.

DA

o

I did not get a chance to see about the cable mentioned above but just now had time to search the net and seen this.

QUOTE:I think there is a cable made with RCA on one end and HDMI on the other.

To my understanding, the RCA cable to HDMI isn't?
Has to be connected to a converter then to the HDMI port.

Will take a run to Radio Shack today to find out.

Here is a link that might be useful: RCA to HDMI

o

Welcome my friend. Keep us informed.
DA

YAY! Problem Solved!

I went to Radio Shack and got a Component/s-Video A/V selector Switch WITH a remote control for $9.98 on sale.

(Hope it didn't drop so much in price cause it turned out to be no good?)

It is 4-In/1-Out. Has 4 buttons to press on the remote control.
The only thing I was wondering is, do I (should I) have to unplug it all the time or can I leave it plugged in to the power outlet steady?

This post was edited by urlee on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 8:26

o

Good for you.

Unless the instructions say different, continuous should be fine. I would go out on a limb here and say it was designed for that. You could also call the Shack and get some advice from them. Save your receipt and product paperwork as to the warranty just in case.

DA

o

RadioShack makes an AB switch with remote but says out of stock so don't know if it's discontinued or what. Last time I went to ours to get one the guy asked if I wanted the one with remote but it was much more expensive than the one on the site and I didn't need it. Before that I had no clue they made one. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: AB switch with remote

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here