SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchendetective

iMac 27 Issues

kitchendetective
11 years ago

I usually post on Kitchen and Home Design Forums, so I'm not exactly a newbie, but this is first time on this forum. I have an iMac 27, which is a replacement for the one that I received as a Christmas present and that had chronic problems necessitating trips to the Mac Store eighty miles away, calls to tech support, tearing hair out, and so forth. Now I have noticed a couple of problems that I hope can be remedied here.

1) Sometimes when I go to sites, usually to request price quotes on pieces of furniture or lighting, the computer hangs, the little multi-colored gear (does it have a name?) shows up interminably, and then I cannot get out of the site. If I go to "File" in order to exit the window, I cannot get the file items to highlight or work. If I turn off the computer and turn it back on, it goes to the same hung status. Is there a way to get out of sites that do this?

2) I need a good word processing program. I am very familiar with Word. Should I get the Microsoft Office Suite for Macs? Or should I get the Apple word processing program? I need to write academic papers using MLA and Chicago formats, and I do not do formal business presentations, if that helps for information purposes. I do not have trouble with Word on the older Macs at school, but I have read of incompatibility issues with newer Macs.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Comments (4)