Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying iPhone from Apple Store or Provider Store?

Posted by suzieque (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 11, 11 at 9:13

Ok, this isn't a "Computer" question, but I still think that you folks will have the information I'm looking for.

I'm finally going to buy an iPhone. But I don't know whether it makes more sense to buy it from Apple or from an AT&T store. Yesterday I was at Apple yesterday and salesguy told me that the prices would be the same. He said that both Apple and AT&T would transfer my contacts, but that Apple knows better how to program the phone. He wasn't strong-arming me. Also, I guess another option is a store like Best Buy.

What do you think? Are there pros to buying from one over the other?

Thanks - Suzieque

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying iPhone from Apple Store or Provider Store?

If I was going to purchase an iphone I'd strongly consider getting it from the Apple store. That way you can build a relationship with the store that may come in handy for repairs ect...

o

Thanks for answering, zep!

o

I bought my iPod and iPhone from my local Apple Store. I have been in many times to ask questions and they are very happy to answer them. The Apple stores have several free workshops where you can learn all about the phone. When I buy my next computer it is going to be an Apple in large part because I can drive 10 minutes and ask questions about my new computer, not have to talk to someone across the globe!

Ginny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here