Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Converting Epub books to read on Kindle

Posted by genes (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 7:58

Dont know if this has been mentioned before..my sister steered me to this program for other reasons but find I can convert EPub file books to be read on my Kindle..Tried a few last nite and it worked great..easy too..anyone have some favorite free sites for EPub formatted books other than "epubBooks Free and Bestseller EPUB eBooks"
The program is called "Calibre"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Converting Epub books to read on Kindle

I have recommended calibre for a long time it is an excellent free program.
Try feedbooks.com they have a very good selection plus you can choose to download in either epub format or kindle format.

o

An increasing number of public libraries offer free eBooks that can be downloaded 24x7. Almost all offer Kindle formats.

The collections include most current and popular books, although as with hard copies, there can be a waiting list for in-demand titles.

It works like a hard copy checkout. You get it on your device for whatever the checkout period is - 2 or 3 weeks. At the end of which, it erases itself (just like having to return a physical copy, you don't have it anymore). I believe if you check it out again, it keeps your bookmarks, etc., but I'm not sure of that.

o

Have used calibre for a few years. There are also online converters if you don't want to install programs. Our library uses overdrive and I love checking out books on my fire. Mary

o

Just a note for any foreigners on here, you have to have a US credit card and an American address to download any books from Barnes and Noble (Free or otherwise)..I found out today (Cdn)

o

That's too bad. I know the kindle works in Canada and some other countries, not the kindle fire though just the e-ink ones. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here