SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luis_pr

Windows Updates Looping

luis_pr
10 years ago

My Windows updates normally occur automatically. But this week, the PC has been notifying me of "new" updates and reinstalling the same windows updates. The set of three gets processed successfully every time. After a while on the same day or on the next day, I get another notice that more updates need to be installed and they are the same ones again... I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 with Office 2003. These are the updates:

Security Update for Excel 2003 KB2810048
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2760411 and KB2760588.

This all started after a set of 14 updates this week; all successfully installed. The day after those updates, these three showed up. And again the next day. And so forth. The set of three has always installed successfully too every time so go figure. Has this happened before to anyone?

Today, I erased the check marks besides the three names and clicked the Close Button on the notification. I am hoping that will take care of that but, they have previously popped up again hours later (or the next day) so I do not know for sure if my actions will deselect them "permanently" or not.

I have run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware and Superantispyware but, other than cookies, have not run into any problems.

Weird,
Luis

PS - Guess what was waiting again to install as soon as I got out of GW? The same set of 3 updates. This time I put a ckmark in the window where it said 'do not notify me again' and hit the close button. We will see what does.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 5:02

Comments (5)