SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mystic_2008

otshot

mystic_2008
10 years ago

I have got otshot on my computer and would like to get rid of it. Any suggestions???
I am running Windows XP.

Comments (4)

• owbist
    10 years ago

Try this.

The secret when doing things like this is to remain cool and calm, getting frustrated just makes life difficult. You can do it, just take one step at a time.

• zep516
    10 years ago

That's a good link owbist.

The only issue is that Stelian Pilici needs to up-date his adwcleaner, the program does not look like that anymore it's been updated. For instance it does not have the "Delete" button now.

I'll provide a link where you can see what it should look like to the user. If you look at it you will see that it now has a "Scan" Button, and a "Clean" button along with a "report" button.

Also worth noting when using adwcleaner, as seen on that page.....

"Please note that Antivir Webguard uses ASK Toolbar as part of its web security. If you remove ASK by using Adwcleaner, Antivir Webguard will no longer work properly. Therefore, if you use this program please use the instructions below to access the options screen where you should enable /DisableAskDetections before using AdwCleaner."

So if the user uses Antivir Anti Virus they would need to adhere to the instructions above found on the link provided.

Here is a link that might be useful: adwcleaner

• mystic_2008
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I tried your advice awbist and it worked. My computer is back and running and I might add faster than it was before. So I really thank you.

• owbist
    10 years ago

Excellent, glad it all worked out for you.

Thank you for posting back as it allows lurkers to know that the advice is sound and worked for you.