Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
back to the future

Posted by paleblue (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 12 at 2:08

Is there a way to take my computer back to a time when everything ran smoothly? The only thing I know how to do is to restore to an earlier time.

Can you go back to day 1?............just wondering.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: back to the future

Hi paleblue

Going back to day 1,

That would be a complete System Recovery, usually using a recovery disk that cam with the computer, or a partition on the hard drive that can be assessed depending on the make an model of the computer.

What is the make an model of your computer, and what is the operating system installed? What disks do you have if any?

Joe

o

Going back to day one would delete all the programs/info that you have put on your computer since you bought it..including all the Microsoft updates to your operating system (which I hope you have been keeping up with)..Besides the info on what make and model computer you have and operating system ie; WinXP, Vista, Windows7 (or possibly something earlier) have you been using an up to date Antivirus program..if so what??

o

tell us why because that is a very drastic step there may be much easier ways to fix or deal with what ever the problem is, if it is an infection there are places that we can send you to get help step by step. I would definitely try that before jumping into the type of procedure you are looking at especially if you are not really experienced in that.

give us the model etc of the pc the windows and browsers some info on the pc and just exactly what is happening that makes you want to do this.

o

If you are not sure how to get some of the info asked for. A good program which carries that info and more would be Belarc Advisor..Download and install it..

Here is a link that might be useful: Belarc Advisor

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here