Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quicktime

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 1:22

I make some videos on my iphone. I transfer them to my computer and put them in My Pictures. When I try to open them, I get a popup saying I need Quicktime to run them. I have Quicktime but it says I need Quicktime Pro which I would have to buy.

This is all new to me and I wonder what the correct way to handle iphone videos on a Windows computer (XP). I would like to be able to email them to family without having problems both from my end and theirs. Everyone has a Windows computer but I'm not sure if any have an iphone.

So confusing...

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quicktime

What is the file extension on these videos? Is it .mov? If yes, then VLC Media Player should be able to handle it and almost any other video format you might come across. If the QT you have won't play it, I'd forget about QT completely. I always found it bothersome and not worth the trouble. This popup urging you to buy a paid program worries me, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: VLC for Windows

o
RE: Quicktime

I can see it noticing that you have an old version of QT and asking if you want to install a newer version of QT or a pay version of QT Pro. But not force you to use QT Pro. My sister has Iphones and uses QT only.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here