o
RE: Sale ends August 10th

Thanks! What a great program.

o

What is this program used for?

o

Though two dollars is not "real" money the free version is fine for what I use it for. I've been using that version for as long as I can remember.

DA

o

WinPatrol is intended to be a simple added security feature. Pops up message boxes to allow or not, new start up & services items or changes in browser Home Page. Lets you catch the toolbar or free things that come with some program installs that try to sneak in when you don't read all the install windows carefully.

It allows you to simply see where most items start from and makes it simple to delete start up items or non Microsoft services, or disable them or delay startup on something.

Its handy for me to use the Plus feature to get a quick what is.. on a file. Example is the intel HD graphics puts three items in in long list of intel things you don't really need or might not want running. They load hot keys for graphics and a tray icon. Graphic settings are avail in Control Panel.. I don't need the extra's running - to be rotating my screen or changing resolutions - and sometimes by accident too.

o

Oh I just got this in time! Thank you sooo much for posting this!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here