Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yahoo.com mail problem on new laptop

Posted by reader77 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 26, 11 at 23:07

I just bought a Toshiba laptop, and today had a tech. set up the wireless router.

The security programs are installed.

I imported the Bookmarks from my desktop. When I went to check my Email (Yahoo.com) I can't log in successfully. I type in my user name and password, and it keeps telling me the information is wrong.

I tried several times, now I get an Email (on my desktop EMail) which says I need to reset the password, but can't do so until after 2 p.m. Sat. 27th.

Same thing happened when I tried to sign on to Yahoo.com for my home page. I'm wondering if this is some Windows 7 problem or my laptop?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yahoo.com mail problem on new laptop

fwiw.. when I have someone tell me they can't login Yahoo.. i usually tell or remotely do it for them... go to top of Yahoo.com .. log off there .. run ccleaner and look make sure no yahoo cookies.

Then try your login where ever you nomally do.

If you try over and over .. to login.. you will get locked out. You should go to Pulse.yahoo.com and Accounts.. add a cell phone number or another email account for yahoo to contact you if you have a problem or someone steals your account.

o

Yahoo uses the complete email address for the username. Last time I had issues with my yahoo login, I was just typing the part before the @

o

I was using the full address, just as on my desktop. I finally did the HELP thing, and they wanted my cell phone. I don't have text enabled, so did not enter that. When I typed in an alternate EMail, message says they don't have that one in their records.

So I clicked on "Can't access either one", and they sent an Email with reset information to be accessed tomorrow afternoon.

Funny thing - if I still didn't have the desktop to receive the Yahoo Email, and I can't log in on laptop - how in the world would I have been able to reset??

Just doesn't make sense. And I hope tomorrow afternoon I will be able to reset and log in on laptop. I don't have a positive feeling about it!

o

you need to do as mikie said and clear all your cache on your browser and use either ccleaner or ATF to clear all your cookies and stuff, you have a bad cookie in your yahoo cache and till you clear that it will not work.
ATF-Cleaner

if you do not know how to clear the cache for your browser just do a google search for clear cache IE or clear cache firefox for what ever you have

o

Thanks to everyone who helped! I am now logged in to Email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here