SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back - Now I can't open AOL

lynnalexandra
15 years ago

My computer has been buggy since I accepted last Tuesdays Microsoft updates - but I'm not really sure why. I also began using firefox 3 over 2 weeks ago - but had no problems until installing the updates before the weekend.

Afterwards, it undid some of my settings - like setting up firefox to use AOL email to send email. I reset that (with the directions Ravencajun provided to me a couple of weeks ago). Now if I'm searching craigslist through Firefox, etc, and I want to send an email, it does us AOL to do so. BUT - now I cannot open AOL program itself. Before this weekend's updates, I could open AOL 9.1 directly - and do email through AOL's browser - or open AOL through the Firefox browser and use it that way. Now I cannot open the AOL software - whether I click the desktop icon, the taskbar icon, or go to programs, and doubleclick AOL. Nothing happens. And I need to access my email through the actual AOL program because it will search older emails that I cannot access when my AOL mail is opened through Firefox.

I hope I'm being clear. I've checked the Firewall and it is allowing AOL. AOL is listed as the default email program. I'm stumped (of course that happens a lot with the computer).

Any ideas how I can get my AOL software to work? And even why it might have stopped working?

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County