SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

New computer - moving photos?

jane__ny
10 years ago

Trying to word this so it makes sense. Hubby has an old XP desktop which is full of photos. He uses Picasa and MS Picture It to do editing. He also uses Adobe Photoshop occasionally (doesn't really know how to use it well).

He spends his time taking pictures of flowers and landscapes and uses those programs. MS Picture It is his favorite. This is an old program which MS doesn't make anymore but I still have the disk.

Bought him a new laptop with Win 8. This will be a major challenge for him as he never really mastered XP! I want to set things up for him to make it easy as possible.

How would I move all his photos over to the new laptop?

I'm not sure he ever saved most of the edited pictures. They seem to reside in the Picture It Library. There are too many for me to check each one to see if they were ever saved to the computer.

My biggest fear is they were never saved. If they are in the library, are they somewhere on the computer?

Same problem with Picasa. They show in the library, but are they on the computer if he never saved them?

I feel so embarrased asking this, but I never thought about it. Will he lose those photos?

Jane

Comments (5)