SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
walnutseed

Seems my post disappeared...???

abreeze
11 years ago

Hi... I posted a message using my sister's laptop yesterday titled something like: "Can't leave my sister without antivirus protection." Did anyone see it??? Any idea why is it gone?

In the post I explained that MSE on her Toshiba laptop running XP with SP3 turned itself off. MSE has done the same thing on my desktop running XP with SP3. I like MSE very much, but I've done a lot of Googling with no success in getting MSE to turn on.

I had to return home (out of state) and didn't want to leave her unprotected. However, she needed me to do other things with her, and I wasn't able to check the forum yesterday before returning home last night. This is the first I've been on my computer and am shocked that the post is not showing. (I did see it after I posted it.)

Do I need to remove MSE before installing another antivirus program since it is turned off? MSE does not show in the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs nor in Revo Uninstaller. No one will be using the pc until September when her daughter and I will be visiting.

As always, I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

abreeze

Comments (4)