Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Error Message On Friends Computer

Posted by thirdfrt (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 18, 11 at 20:31

When she turns on her computer she gets this error message.

This program cannot start because the core foundation .dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

At the top it says AppleSync Notifier.exe-system Error.

Explanation: When she was trying to remove itunes from her computer she accidently removed everything that said Apple and after that she got this error message.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Error Message On Friends Computer

Oh I forgot to tell you that her OS is Windows 7.

o

I am always very leery about downloading drivers from third party sites.

If you friend has nothing else for Apple on the computer then why not delete everything to do with Apple components. Then run Ccleaner to finish off, including the registry cleaner - which I seldom recommend doing.

o

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe

That's how the appleSyncNotifier looks on the computer. Even after removing all apple related stuff the registry run key above is probably going to stay. We can also see that it's running at boot time or start up indicated by RUN, That's why your getting the error at start up. What happened is the user removed the apple program and left that behind....A registry run key.. appleSyncNotifier!

I agree with owbist remove everything called apple! But you would want to do it in at least Safe Mode, that way the file AppleSyncNotifier.exe, wouldn't be running and should be able to be deleted. You can't delete a file that is running!

It's probably to late now cause you said "you removed all Apple programs" by doing that you also removed the Apple uninstall feature that is contained in the programs.

What I would do now is have the user boot to the Safe Mode so we can delete the left over Folders called Apple.

The file AppleSyncNotifier.exe as we can see form my entry:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
runs from the Common Files folder. So how do we follow the file path and get to that folder so we can Delete it.

Lets follow the path folder by folder!

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe

Boot to Safe Mode first. Then open My Computer. Then Double click C Now look for Program Files Folder Double click it in that folder you will see Common Files Folder Don't delete the Common Files folder but double click it. Inside that folder look for a folder called Apple, once found right click and delete that folder. May as well go back to the Program Files Folder and also look for any Apple related folders and delete them too.

o

owbist and zep516,

She emailed me and told me that she deleted everything that said Apple. This is what she said. "I deleted another apple program I missed. Mobileme I no longer get the error message.

The problem has been resolved. Zep, I am going to send her your information just in case something pops up again. It wouldn't hurt to have it just in case.

Thank you very much for both of your responses it was very helpful and much appreciated.

thirdfrt!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here