Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WiFi availability

Posted by mudlady (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 20:14

I am considering a trip to Door Peninsula in October and I want a motel with Free WiFi, or at least the opportunity to pay for the internet. I read a number of advertisements of motels in which the internet isn't mentioned. I found one place that said it had DISH TV and one that offered DSL. I think the peninsula may not be well served with high speed internet and email. Does anyone know about those services on the peninsula? I am going to Google for a McDonald's because I would expect them to offer WiFi.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WiFi availability

"Today's Door County visitor often comes equipped with his or her laptop with a wireless internet card installed and at the ready. But you're not going to find an airport or a Starbucks to get your internet fix for the day. Fortunately, however, there is an ever-increasing number of venues for you to try. We'll strive to keep the following list of hotspots as current as possible."

See link for more:

Here is a link that might be useful: wifi Door Peninsula

o

Thanks Zep 516. I wonder how well my Verizon (very simple) cell phone will work. I travel fairly often and always check with my pet sitter every day. Until recently I had 4 dogs and 3 cats. Sadly, I now have only one dog and three cats. I may bring the dog with me.

o

Not sure about the Verizon phone. Definitely take the dog. We have more then 10 cats..

o

Zep--
I used to have four rescued/adopted Siberian huskies, but three have died and I have only one now. I do have three cats in the house where they are safe from the Sibes who would kill them instantly if the opportunity arose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here