SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iggie_gw

HP Laptop Cannot connect to internet Via wireless Or Direstly

iggie
10 years ago

I have an HP laptop using windows vista, reached a point where I could not connect to the internet via wireless or direct. I took thing to a repair place was told I needed a new hard drive, they installed one charged me 145. Thing worked haphazardly for about a month, cusor would jump around in the middle of a word but otherwise ok. Then last week when I tried to get on line got the message that computer could not connect to the internet just like before they installed the hard drive. Took laptop back to repair place was told thing needed a new mother board and they wanted additional money told them to kiss off and took computer. A friend suggested that I might fix it by installing and external USB wireless device, I bought a Cisco wireless USB valet, did not help a bit. The laptop powers up fine and I can get to the point of selecting a connection but cannot get on the web. After thinking about it I was stupid to buy the new hard drive idea, a hard drive would not have anything to do with connecting to the internet. Also I now get the message that the version windows they installed was not genuine. Is there anything I can do to fix this thing or should I toss it? Any help will be thoroughly appreciated. Iggie

Comments (6)