SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19718084

Wireless connection problems, bunches

User
12 years ago

I've had an Acer Aspire 4720Z with Vista laptop for two years, can't get it to connect to internet. Several problems. Today, it's the Atheros AR 5007 Eg Wireless Network Adapter. the system tells me it needs a driver. I can't get the driver because I can't connect to the internet with the laptop. Catch 22. I tried to connect laptop via modem, same message. The Atheros site wants to download Driver Detctive, I put it on disc, to load into laptop. Twice. Windows says it may not have a valid Windows installer package, and it won't install. Catch 22, again. I also get a message when I hit button to connect to internet, "wireless lan disconnected". Have no idea where to go to turn it on, laptop does not have switch on body. This is driving me nuts, I've tried several times to get the wireless to work, and haven't yet, amost 2 1/2 years. I hope there are some useful suggestions, my sweetie feels bad because he gave it to me for my birthday. There seem to be several other issues, but I'd like to work on this first. Tia

Comments (7)