Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firefox & Java Console Update

Posted by not2bright (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 18:25

I just had a Java update and afterward -- and upon opening FF -- received a message that "another program on your computer would like to modify firefox with the following add-on: Java Console 6.0.35."

I don't recall ever having to select whether to allow the installation of this or not. Now that I have the choice, I'm not sure if it's something I need to do or whether it does more 'harm' than good.

Suggestions ? :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firefox & Java Console Update

Most people would let it install.
Right now there is a danger with java and firefox and are recommending disable jave in add-ons until they made a security update.. Maybe that is the security update !

o

Thanks for the lightning-fast response, Mikie ! :-)

o

Apparently that is what it is..

Oracle has updated its widely used Java software framework to fix critical vulnerabilities that criminals were actively exploiting to take full control of end-user computers.<\b>

o

Yes let it install, any time there's a java update it should be done since they are usually security related.

o

Thanks for the further responses. I updated/installed without problems. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here