Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
adblock plus making my ota tv listings unusable

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 18:17

Adblock plus just started making my OTA TV listings unusable. I can disable adblock plus, browse my TV listings and get what I need. I read Googled instructions on how to make an exception for this one URL only but cannot implement the instructions - may be something about a filter list i cannot find.

How should I disable Adblock plus for http://tvlistings.aol.com/listings/nv/reno/over-the-air/89501 only.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: adblock plus making my ota tv listings unusable

Filter list, would be easylist...

Depending on your windows version, it is located in different locations:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[User name]\Application Data\Simple Adblock

Vista: C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\LocalLow\Simple Adblock

Windows 7: C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\LocalLow\Simple Adblock

o

Why not use a different browser with no adblock for that site?

o

If you left-click the ABP icon while on the site you want to disable ABP on, you should see an entry called "Disable on (name of the site you're on)". Is that what you want to do?

Your TV listing site seems to work fine for me with ABP enabled. Maybe I'm missing something though since I've never used the site.

o

It worked for me also.

o

Thanks chuggerguy et. al. It was that ''disable on ... '' that I could not find. Thanks again.

o

Yeah, I opened it up and didn't immediately see it either. I found the answer on their open forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Adblock Plus Open Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here