SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
715rose

options for rural internet

715rose
9 years ago

I have been having computer woes since first part of July.I now know why after many hours on the phone with my provider.Since I'm in a rural area & running on antiquated lines I have had my speed shut down to where it runs anywhere from .11 download speed to .55.It had been set at 1.5 & for several years it worked great.Around the first part of July I had been having some connectivity problems which usually resolved without a call for assistance.Long story short ,tech came out on the road & called & said I had been running too fast & he was setting me slower!I have called & begged to be set back to where I was & have been told the option is no longer available.They can get away with this or practically anything they want because my choices are slim to none out here.I went to a website & there are nearly 1000 posts with stories similar to mine & worse.I can only guess why there has been no class action lawsuit brought..Netflix is nearly impossible.I had a hard time getting on here.
A young man today was trying to explain about Net Gear.I can't afford Hughes.I can see to cellular towers out my window. Would I get along with a Smartphone or Fablet? What is a "hot spot".?Sorry for long post but I'm fit to be tied!
Rose

Comments (13)