Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with Photobucket

Posted by casi (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 16, 11 at 15:58

I thought that one of the purposes of photobucket was to share photos. My daughter has uploaded some photos but when I save them to my pictures folder they are out of proportion. Is there something that I can do or is this just the way it works. I thought about sharing them via Facebook and then saving to my folders but my first attempt at doing so didn't work. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with Photobucket

Are you saying that when you look at them on the screen they are in proportion but after you download them they are out of proportion?

o

yes, they are messed up!

o

It sounds like your photobucket upload options are not set right.

Go to the arrow next to your member name on the upper right. Choose account settings
Then choose Album settings
On that page click on View my Upload Options
My setting is 640 X 480 and that works well for me.
Be sure to click Save

Try that and see how it works. If I'm understanding you right, that should do it.

Sue

o

Thanks Sue, that did help but something weird is going on. My daughter actually uploaded onto my photobucket account. The first few pics she added to one of my current photo albums, but I guess that went slow so maybe she did the multi loader option so it is one single album. Those pictures are still not right but if I do the pictures in my album they download just fine. I'll have to ask her if that is what she did, but why would it make any difference?

o

Sorry, I'm clueless now.

o

I'm clueless also. It has to be something to do with the way she uploaded them.

o

Ok, so did your daughter upload pics from 'your' computer to your photobucket account, or was she uploading them from a different computer?

(I'm just kind of thinking out loud here)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here