Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem after Windows 7 Update

Posted by deew (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 15:49

I have five folders and one file in my Documents Library. Yesterday, I was working in one folder that has about three dozen files in it. I got a notice of new Windows/Security Updates. I decided to go ahead and download and install them. After I Restarted, I went back to the folder I had been working in, and all the files were gone. It said This Folder is Empty. I checked my other folders, and they were fine. I logged off and back on, but the files were still missing. Luckily, I had the files backed up on flash drive and reloaded them, though there had been some changes since I had last saved the files. What happened, and is this likely to happen again, maybe with something that isn't backed up?

Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem after Windows 7 Update

If you were working on the files prior to the update and had saved them as per normal, there shouldnt have been any file loss for just doing the update. Should that happen again which I have never experience, you could just do a system restore back a few hours to before you did the update. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tool>System restore

o
RE: Problem after Windows 7 Update

Thanks, genes. I thought of that, but I was hoping there was something simpler to try. This has never happened to me before, either. I'll do a System Restore next time, if needed.

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here